Has learning R been driving you a bit crazy? If so, it may be that you’re “lost in translation.” On April 21 and 23, I’ll be teaching a webinar, R for SAS, SPSS and Stata Users. With each R concept, I’ll introduce it using terminology that you already know, then translate it into R’s very different view of the world. You’ll be following along, with hands-on practice, so that by the end of the workshop R’s fundamentals should be crystal clear. The examples we’ll do come right out of my books, R for SAS and SPSS Users and R for Stata Users. That way if you need more explanation later or want to dive in more deeply, the book of your choice will be very familiar. Plus, the table of contents and the index contain topics listed by SAS/SPSS/Stata terminology and R terminology so you can use either to find what you need. A complete outline of the workshop plus a registration link is here.
Search this site
Top Posts & Pages
- The Popularity of Data Analysis Software
- Forecast Update: Will 2014 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Graphics, ggplot2
- Will 2015 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- R Passes SPSS in Scholarly Use, Stata Growing Rapidly
- Why R is Hard to Learn
- Selecting Variables and Observations
- R for SAS and SPSS Users
- 439,856 hits
- Like dplyr's pipe operator? Try pipeR's by @renkun_ken. renkun.me/blog/2014/08/0… #rstats #dplyr #analytics #bigdata #statistics 2 weeks ago
- Really nice video tutorial of @hadleywickham's new dplyr package for #Rstats dataschool.io/dplyr-tutorial… #BigData #Statistics #analytics 1 month ago
- @sytpp I'm ready when you are 2 months ago
- Improved way to read SAS files in R by @BioStatMatt biostatmatt.com/archives/2618 #rstats @SASsoftware #statistics #analytics #bigdata 2 months ago
- Tidy up that data with R! jstatsoft.org/v59/i10/paper @hadleywickham #rstats #statistics #analytics #bigdata 2 months ago