Has learning R been driving you a bit crazy? If so, it may be that you’re “lost in translation.” On April 21 and 23, I’ll be teaching a webinar, R for SAS, SPSS and Stata Users. With each R concept, I’ll introduce it using terminology that you already know, then translate it into R’s very different view of the world. You’ll be following along, with hands-on practice, so that by the end of the workshop R’s fundamentals should be crystal clear. The examples we’ll do come right out of my books, R for SAS and SPSS Users and R for Stata Users. That way if you need more explanation later or want to dive in more deeply, the book of your choice will be very familiar. Plus, the table of contents and the index contain topics listed by SAS/SPSS/Stata terminology and R terminology so you can use either to find what you need. A complete outline of the workshop plus a registration link is here.
Search this site
Top Posts & Pages
- The Popularity of Data Analysis Software
- Will 2015 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Graphics, ggplot2
- Forecast Update: Will 2014 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Basic R Programming
- Why R is Hard to Learn
- Calling R from Other Software
- Selecting Variables and Observations
- 610,683 hits
- @BatesDmbates Nice! Sounds like the Julia people are using computers to automate things. I've heard that speeds work up quite a bit! ;-) 6 days ago
- @BatesDmbates is that fast update time for programming? Running validation code? Getting into the repository? All of the above? 6 days ago
- Estimating analytics marketshare by counting books r4stats.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/est… #rstats @SASsoftware @IBMSPSS #statistics #analytics #bigdata 3 weeks ago
- R vs Autobox vs ForecastPro vs … by @robjhyndman #rstats #Statistics #analytics #bigdata @AutoboxForecast @forecastpro #forecasting 1 month ago
- Label multiple ggplot2 graphs with A,B,C,... by @ClausWilke cran.r-project.org/web/packages/c… #rstats #statistics #bigdata #analytics 1 month ago