Search this site
Top Posts & Pages
- Why R is Hard to Learn
- The Popularity of Data Analysis Software
- Graphics, ggplot2
- Will 2015 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Forecast Update: Will 2014 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- R for SAS and SPSS Users
- Calling R from Other Software
- Learning R: Live Webinar, Interactive Self-Paced, or Site Visit?
- 466,895 hits
- Many ways to learn R r4stats.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/way… #rstats #statistics #bigdata #analytics @SASsoftware @IBMSPSS @Stata @DataCamp_com 2 days ago
- A nicely balanced discussion of SAS and R by @thomaswdinsmore #rstats @SASsoftware #bigdata #analytics #statistics thomaswdinsmore.com/2014/12/15/sas… 2 days ago
- Helpful "spell-checker" for R librestats.com/2014/12/10/a-d… #rstats #statistics #bigdata #analytics @wrathematics 1 week ago
- Updated: Why R is Hard to Learn r-bloggers.com/updated-why-r-… #rstats #bigdata #statistics #analytics @SASsoftware @IBMSPSS 1 week ago
- Switch from SAS, SPSS or STATA to R r-bloggers.com/switch-from-sa… #rstats #analytics @IBMSPSS @SASsoftware #DataScience #BigData #Statistics 1 week ago
Category Archives: SPSS
My recent blog post, Why R is Hard to Learn, must have hit a nerve as it was read by over 6,000 people in its first two days online. If you’re using R to augment your work in SAS, SPSS … Continue reading
I’ve updated one of my most widely read blog posts, Why R is Hard to Learn. It focuses on the aspects of R which tend to trip up beginners. The new version is over twice as long as the original … Continue reading
SPSS contains a very useful set of functions that R lacks. If you’re lucky enough to have access to SPSS, you can use SPSS and R very well together. If not, it’s easy to add these functions to R. The … Continue reading
by Robert A. Muenchen Here is my latest update to The Popularity of Data Analysis Software. To save you the trouble of reading all 25 pages of that article, the new section is below. The two most interesting nuggets it contains are: … Continue reading
Has learning R been driving you a bit crazy? If so, it may be that you’re “lost in translation.” On April 21 and 23, I’ll be teaching a webinar, R for SAS, SPSS and Stata Users. With each R concept, … Continue reading
Job Trends in the Analytics Market: New, Improved, now Fortified with C, Java, MATLAB, Python, Julia and Many More!
I’m expanding the coverage of my article, The Popularity of Data Analysis Software. This is the first installment, which includes a new opening and a greatly expanded analysis of the analytics job market. Here it is, from the abstract onward … Continue reading
If you want to learn R, or improve your current R skills, join me for two workshops that I’m offering through Revolution Analytics in January and April. If you already know another analytics package, the workshop, Intro to R for … Continue reading
While R has more methods than any other analytics software, it has been missing a crucial feature found in most other packages. SPSS Modeler had it first, way back when they still called it Clementine. Then SAS Institute realized how crucial … Continue reading
If you want to learn R, or improve your current R skills, join me for two workshops that I’m offering through Revolution Analytics in October. If you already know another analytics package, the workshop, Intro to R for SAS, SPSS … Continue reading
Tracking the job market for statistics, analytics, data mining and the like used to be a major undertaking. However, on November 10, 2011 the world’s largest web site for job postings, Indeed.com, released a tool that allows you to examine trends … Continue reading