On the Examples menu above, you will find example programs that show how to do the same tasks in R, SAS, SPSS and Stata. They use simple practice data sets that are easy to understand and work with. If you run the code and see the result, it is usually clear how each package performs each task. The R programs in particular go through additional steps to show variations on the solution. The examples are explained step-by-step in my books R for SAS and SPSS Users and R for Stata Users. Both the example programs and their data sets are also available under Downloads.
Search this site
Top Posts & Pages
- The Popularity of Data Analysis Software
- Forecast Update: Will 2014 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Graphics, ggplot2
- Will 2015 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Selecting Variables and Observations
- Adding the SPSS MEAN.n Function to R
- Why R is Hard to Learn
- 418,315 hits
- Really nice video tutorial of @hadleywickham's new dplyr package for #Rstats dataschool.io/dplyr-tutorial… #BigData #Statistics #analytics 2 weeks ago
- @sytpp I'm ready when you are 1 month ago
- Improved way to read SAS files in R by @BioStatMatt biostatmatt.com/archives/2618 #rstats @SASsoftware #statistics #analytics #bigdata 1 month ago
- Tidy up that data with R! jstatsoft.org/v59/i10/paper @hadleywickham #rstats #statistics #analytics #bigdata 1 month ago
- Bayesian analysis keeps getting easier in #rstats thanks to @rabaath sumsar.net/blog/2014/09/b… #statistics 1 month ago