On the Examples menu above, you will find example programs that show how to do the same tasks in R, SAS, SPSS and Stata. They use simple practice data sets that are easy to understand and work with. If you run the code and see the result, it is usually clear how each package performs each task. The R programs in particular go through additional steps to show variations on the solution. The examples are explained step-by-step in my books R for SAS and SPSS Users and R for Stata Users. Both the example programs and their data sets are also available under Downloads.
Search this site
Top Posts & Pages
- The Popularity of Data Analysis Software
- Forecast Update: Will 2014 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Graphics, ggplot2
- Will 2015 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- R Passes SPSS in Scholarly Use, Stata Growing Rapidly
- Selecting Variables and Observations
- Why R is Hard to Learn
- Adding the SPSS MEAN.n Function to R
- 440,646 hits
- Like dplyr's pipe operator? Try pipeR's by @renkun_ken. renkun.me/blog/2014/08/0… #rstats #dplyr #analytics #bigdata #statistics 2 weeks ago
- Really nice video tutorial of @hadleywickham's new dplyr package for #Rstats dataschool.io/dplyr-tutorial… #BigData #Statistics #analytics 1 month ago
- @sytpp I'm ready when you are 2 months ago
- Improved way to read SAS files in R by @BioStatMatt biostatmatt.com/archives/2618 #rstats @SASsoftware #statistics #analytics #bigdata 2 months ago
- Tidy up that data with R! jstatsoft.org/v59/i10/paper @hadleywickham #rstats #statistics #analytics #bigdata 2 months ago