On the Examples menu above, you will find example programs that show how to do the same tasks in R, SAS, SPSS and Stata. They use simple practice data sets that are easy to understand and work with. If you run the code and see the result, it is usually clear how each package performs each task. The R programs in particular go through additional steps to show variations on the solution. The examples are explained step-by-step in my books R for SAS and SPSS Users and R for Stata Users. Both the example programs and their data sets are also available under Downloads.
Search this site
Top Posts & Pages
- The Popularity of Data Analysis Software
- Forecast Update: Will 2014 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Workshop: Managing Data with R
- Graphics, ggplot2
- R Workshops Updated to Include the Latest Packages
- R Passes SPSS in Scholarly Use, Stata Growing Rapidly
- Will 2015 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- 376,726 hits
- R for Stata Users workshop updated #rstats @Stata r4stats.com/2014/08/27/r-w… #statistics #bigdata #analytics 12 hours ago
- R for SPSS Users workshop updated #rstats r4stats.com/2014/08/27/r-w… @IBMspss #statistics #bigdata #analytics 12 hours ago
- R for SAS Users workshop updated #rstats @SASsoftware r4stats.com/2014/08/27/r-w… #statistics #bigdata #analytics 12 hours ago
- @RickWicklin @JFPuget @mjcavaretta I gave the same warning 2 years ago and again 1 year ago. r4stats.com/2013/05/14/beg… 6 days ago
- Here's an interesting new web site to connect #rstats users and developers connect-r.com 1 week ago