SPSS is extremely popular at The University of Tennessee. New versions go through “beta testing” during which testers work the software as hard as possible, trying to find bugs and testing out new features. In 2003, the company added a table building interface that is both easy to use and quite powerful. I commented on how much I liked it and they asked if they could quote me. Soon afterwards their 35th anniversary product catalog was being planned and they asked if I would mind appearing on the cover. I had just purchased my first digital camera so I sent a self portrait that I took using a tripod. As impressive as it looks, I was not standing in front of a formula-filled board; they added that later. The SPSS Directions meeting took place soon after the catalog shipped and everyone there was saying, “Hey, aren’t you the catalog guy?” It was a very surreal experience!
Search this site
Top Posts & Pages
- The Popularity of Data Analysis Software
- Will 2015 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Graphics, ggplot2
- Basic R Programming
- Forecast Update: Will 2014 be the Beginning of the End for SAS and SPSS?
- Why R is Hard to Learn
- Calling R from Other Software
- Selecting Variables and Observations
- A Practice Data Set
- 610,127 hits
- @BatesDmbates Nice! Sounds like the Julia people are using computers to automate things. I've heard that speeds work up quite a bit! ;-) 5 days ago
- @BatesDmbates is that fast update time for programming? Running validation code? Getting into the repository? All of the above? 5 days ago
- Estimating analytics marketshare by counting books r4stats.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/est… #rstats @SASsoftware @IBMSPSS #statistics #analytics #bigdata 3 weeks ago
- R vs Autobox vs ForecastPro vs … by @robjhyndman #rstats #Statistics #analytics #bigdata @AutoboxForecast @forecastpro #forecasting 1 month ago
- Label multiple ggplot2 graphs with A,B,C,... by @ClausWilke cran.r-project.org/web/packages/c… #rstats #statistics #bigdata #analytics 1 month ago